An active long USB 3.1GEN1 Type-C cable with an active repeater is designed to extend the usable length of a USB Type-C connection while maintaining signal integrity and performance. Such cables incorporate built-in repeater technology to boost the signal strength and ensure that data transmission remains reliable over longer distances. This can be especially useful when you need to connect devices that are situated far apart.
- Repeater Technology: Active repeaters are devices embedded within the cable that receive and amplify the USB signal. They help counteract signal loss and degradation that can occur over extended cable lengths.
- Maximum Length: USB cable lengths can be limited due to signal attenuation. USB 3.1 Gen 1 cables, for example, are recommended to be no longer than 3 meters (about 9.8 feet) to maintain reliable data transfer speeds. Active cables can extend this length significantly, often up to around 15 meters (about 49 feet) or more.
- Data Transfer Rates: Active cables aim to maintain the data transfer rates supported by the original USB standard. For USB 3.1 Gen 1, this would mean supporting speeds of up to 5 Gbps. However, the performance of active cables can vary depending on the cable quality and the specific devices you're connecting.
- Compatibility: Active cables should be compatible with USB Type-C devices that support the appropriate USB standard.
- External Power: This 5M active cable can supply enough power normally. But in case of extra power is needed, an additional USB 5V 2A power adaptor is available. This power adaptor is optional.
- Applications: Active USB Type-C cables with repeaters are commonly used in scenarios where you need to connect devices across longer distances while maintaining data integrity. This could include setups in conference rooms, home theatres, professional audiovisual installations, and more.